Articulate Rise is an e-Learning authoring platform, and translating the course properly involves these steps:
1. Create a Translation Style Guide and Glossary
A good translation service company can create a language translation style guide and glossary for little or nothing. It’s like a guide for your translation service that entails details about your target audience and desired tone, style, and word choice. Style guides are key to ensuring top-notch Articulate Rise translation. However, many translation services find it a hassle to create a style guide. So we can’t skip this step. So a key aspect of knowing if you are using a knowledgeable eLearning translation company is if they bring up a translation style guide or even better can provide you an easy template to answer several questions that will create this style guide.
Unfortunately, the creation of a language translation style guide usually ranks low in the pecking order especially projects with tighter deadlines. Nevertheless, an Articulate Rise translation style guide aids the translators in selecting the right language elements that will help them effectively communicate with target markets. It contains the foundation of your course content ensuring the translator(s) understand clearly who you desired target audience is. Furthermore, it serves as a storage of the primary terminologies utilized by the content creator and clients and assuring accurate translations in all target markets or languages.
2. Make a copy of the Course
You can either copy the existing course content or create a new file with an identical layout. To make a copy of the course:
- Go to the course title on your Rise 360 dashboard.
- Then, click on the ellipsis that will be displayed.
- Select “Duplicate”.
- Finally, input a name for the course and save it.
Note: This step is restricted to the owner (author) or manager (translator) of the course.
3. Export Content from Rise
To export content from Rise dashboard:
- Open the copy of the original course.
- Then, go to “settings” in the top right corner and click on the translations tab.
- If you don’t wish to retain the text formatting or layout that you applied, disable “Include HTML formatting”. This will export your content in blocks of text that are easy to translate. However, it will exclude the coding necessary to retain any formatting or layout that you’ll apply to that content.
- Select “Export XLIFF File” and save the file to your PC.
- You can utilize a computer program or web application to edit your exported file. However, a professional Articulate Rise translation service is preferable and recommended in this context.
- If you didn’t disable “Include HTML Formatting”, extra HTML tags and additional spaces in your exported file will be displayed. The purpose is to retain your formatting or layout when you import translated content.
4. Assign the Course Content to Translators for In-Context Information
The context of the course is essential as it influences how the target audience perceives and interprets the information. It’s the setting and intent of the content, and it guides the translator to reflect the context of the original content in the final output. This way, the original message of the content is preserved.
5. Import Content to Rise
After completing the Articulate Rise translation,
- First, open the copy of the course on your Rise dashboard.
- Then, go to “settings” in the top right corner and click on the “Translations” tab.
- Select “Import Translated Text”.
- Finally, click on your translated XLIFF file and select “Open”. You’ll get a notification that your content has been imported.
6. Complete Formatting
Your content formatting isn’t complete if you haven’t translated your navigational elements. To do this, go to “settings” and click on the “Labels” tab. Also, check if your formatting is as you want it before proceeding to the final step.
7. Complete In-Context Review by Translator
In-context proofreading is another name for this. In this step, the translator will check to ensure that the translated text retains the full context of the original message. In addition, the Articulate Rise translation service will also ensure that the emotional response of the translated text in the reader is suitable for the target audience.