Digitization has brought the world closer and transformed it into a global village. Global communication has become a thing as people across different countries and industries can easily communicate with each other. Naturally, this brought professional translation services into the limelight, and they’ve remained relevant ever since.
Thanks to professional translation services, language doesn’t have to be a communication barrier. The high-quality translation goes beyond the change of words to a target language; it also extends to the voice tone. The formal principles of the industry should also be incorporated into the translated content.
It’s easy to lose interest in the services of a professional translator. After all, there are more affordable alternatives such as Google Translate or other translation software. However, you should know that professional translation may cost you much now, but it will yield much more value in return.
Professional Translation Services Costs
The cost depends on the exact kind of service your organization wants. According to this source, translating content to common languages, for instance, from English to Spanish or vice versa, may cost you 17 cents per word. On the other hand, translating content to less common languages, for instance, from English to Korean or Marshallese, may cost you 22 to 37 cents per word.
Other factors that may affect translation costs include:
- The urgency of the work
- Nature of content (generic content costs less while legal, technical, and medical content costs more)
- Nature of translator (reputable specialized translation firm charges higher than an individual or general translator)
- Certification (translation of certification such as marriage certificates, birth certificates, diplomas, contracts, etc., will cost higher).
Benefits of Professional Translation Services
1. Proper Brand Representation
2. Standing Out From the Competition
3. Communicating Your Message Across with Pinpoint Precision
4. Technical Quality
Aside from incorporating the target language’s cultural conventions, you should also incorporate industry conventions. When working with any kind of technical documentation, seeking professional translation services will ensure that the right terminology is used. This will ensure your translated content meets the industry standards.